Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Taken

So in preparation for my upcoming trip, my sister Sarah decided I needed to watch Taken. (For those of you who haven't seen Taken, it’s about an ex-spy who tracks down his daughter who has been kidnapped by human traffickers while in Paris. IMDB - Taken) I wasn't sure if I should see it since I didn't want to be afraid of going, but as it turns out the movie was awesome and now I’m only slightly concerned that my dad doesn't have the "very particular set of skills" that Liam Neeson has.

At any rate, in exactly one week I will be taken to Paris, but taken in the sense that I have always dreamed of going to Europe. I read wayyy too much for my own good so to me the word Europe is magical. Ok so I realize I probably have a rather romanticized notion of Europe, but I am a history major and I really am excited to see everything I’ve studied in person. It’s incredibly surreal that in less than a week I’ll be able to see Europe for myself, and not through the eyes of a character, narrator, author or editor.

But back to practical matters…I'm not even close to being ready to leave and panic is beginning to set in. Packing is going to be such an ordeal, but gollyy I’m so excited to be going. Anyway, I just got back from visiting friends at Merrimack and while I’ll miss them all terribly, I know that a new adventure awaits.

Wish me luck! Or as the French say, "bon voyage!"

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment