Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Nun and the Muguet



I was on my way to meet some friends at the castle for lunch and a bible study when I was stopped by an elderly nun. She offered me a sprig of muguet (Lily of the Valley) and told me, "It's for you." I thanked her, wished her good day and then watched as she continued down the road. It was such a simple, but beautiful gesture. I was so touched.

Giving muguet is traditional for the FĂȘte du Travail (Labor day) which is May 1 for basically every country except the US and Canada. I never expected I would be a recipient of the muguet, but I was and it was perfect. I hadn't had anything to bring to the luncheon so I felt it was only right to pass on the good luck and leave the sprig with my friends. But that one act was so heartwarming I felt wonderful for the rest of the day. It just goes to show that small acts of kindness are bigger than they seem.

Many Blessings!

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment